- Make An Appointment
Help is available to reduce the symptoms of trauma, improve nervous system and emotional regulation, and return to pleasurable activities and living life rather than managing symptoms.
Working with a trauma trained therapist using evidence-based CBT, somatic or other practices can address important elements of healing symptoms, including:
- sensory-motor integration (riding out the bodily sensations of intense emotions such as fear and anger);
- slowing things down and putting on the brakes to stay within the window of tolerance to allow the ability of integration of difficult memories and experiences without dissociation or numbing;
- cognitive restructuring of erroneous perceptions and beliefs resulting from the trauma;
- healthy activation of the flight/fight protective response which has been shown to mitigate trauma symptoms;
- reclaiming one’s personal power and developing assertiveness and healthy boundaries;
- processing and integrating painful memories and experiences
- building on resources and strengths.
If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of trauma, contact Dr. Valerie Sher at 408-507-4329 for a free consultation and get help now.
Tagged with: Trauma
The Relationship Corner - Cultivating the Sacred Erotic Lover
May 23, 7:30-9:30p in Palo AltoJoin me for this playful, enlivening celebration and exploration of your Inner Sacred Lover.
Embrace all of who you are as a woman with the Embodied Feminine Wisdom Immersion program. Explore, integrate, embody, and express all of who you are as a woman.
Contact InfoDr. Valerie Sher
61 Renato Ct., Suite 18
Redwood City, CA 94061
Offices in Menlo Park and Redwood City/Atherton.
Call/email for more information.